Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

Registered
11 weeks now until delivery so hopefully my order still stands with a 45 馃檹
I also have a 45tfsi on order - asked my dealer about the fact that it's no longer on the configurator, and whilst that was news to him he did say that as my order has been accepted by Audi and is therefore locked in there should be no issues. The fact that it's been ordered 2 months and still doesn't have a build date is another matter, and hopefully not linked.

Registered
I have ordered many new Audi's and after the order is placed it is a very frustrating experience. It gets worse once it leaves the factory as it can take two to three weeks to get to the dealership. One thing is for sure, when you go and collect it you will be grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Registered
Now I am really confused. If you go into www.audi.co.uk/q3 and select configure you will see what I mean.
had the same issue as you, so went in to the stealer today as only have 9 months left on the current car. They confirmed that the 45 petrol was still available to order as a Black edition. That was the good news!
Bad news was a really stupid quote, and an even stupider valuation of the current car, which was lower than the final value of the current deal.
All in, they were looking at a 62% increase in monthly payment for a comparable car. This would have been the 5th car from them.
off to look at the Cupra Alteca instead

Registered
The motor trade still sell PCP using the term GMFV (Guaranteed Minimum Future Value) and yet as can be seen above the real valuation of Phatgit's current vehicle is less than the final payment - so no equity for the next vehicle's deposit. There was a risk, especially 3 or 4 years ago that dealers would over inflate the the GMFV to reduce the borrowing requirement and thus keep the monthly payments down - biting the hapless customer in the tail at the end of the agreement.

Personal Contract Plan finance agreements as a means to get a punter in a new vehicle every 3 or 4 years are a cynical con. The punter, blinded by the excitement of a 'new car' places a deposit of 拢thousands and then makes substantial monthly payments for 24/36/48/60 months only to discover that at the end of it they have nothing to show for it, no asset - sweet FA. The step-up to the next vehicle is even greater because cars list prices increase in price every year plus a model change elevates the price still further.

You feel stitched up, the dealer had the finance commission and you lost a packet and don't want to give them another penny. So don't go and repeat the same mistake at the Seat dealer - the vehicle residuals are lower and you'll lose even more money.

Registered
off to look at the Cupra Alteca instead
Look out for the Cupra Formentor too (if you can live with the slightly curious badge). It is a new standalone model that really maps to a coupe version of the Cupra Ateca. Rather less boot space than the more boxy Ateca but otherwise an interesting Ateca alternative. New RHD cars are only just arriving in the UK so few UK-based reviews on Youtube as yet but there are one or two, including of course the Autogefuehl one which is probably the most informative of what's there at present:

The 300bhp Formentor model fills in a gap in the Q3 range, which is why I'm interested. The price looks OK too at around 拢40K - not a cheap car certainly but not Audi expensive either. And discounts of around 5% look possible already.

Registered
The motor trade still sell PCP using the term GMFV (Guaranteed Minimum Future Value) and yet as can be seen above the real valuation of Phatgit's current vehicle is less than the final payment - so no equity for the next vehicle's deposit. There was a risk, especially 3 or 4 years ago that dealers would over inflate the the GMFV to reduce the borrowing requirement and thus keep the monthly payments down - biting the hapless customer in the tail at the end of the agreement.

Personal Contract Plan finance agreements as a means to get a punter in a new vehicle every 3 or 4 years are a cynical con. The punter, blinded by the excitement of a 'new car' places a deposit of 拢thousands and then makes substantial monthly payments for 24/36/48/60 months only to discover that at the end of it they have nothing to show for it, no asset - sweet FA. The step-up to the next vehicle is even greater because cars list prices increase in price every year plus a model change elevates the price still further.

You feel stitched up, the dealer had the finance commission and you lost a packet and don't want to give them another penny. So don't go and repeat the same mistake at the Seat dealer - the vehicle residuals are lower and you'll lose even more money.
It鈥檚 an interesting debate. At the time of the purchase of my 40TFSi Edition 1 I compared both the cost of the PCP with a Lease/PCH where equally you have no equity in the vehicle at the end of term. If you enter into these contracts aware of the pros and cons they can still work for you. Of course with a PCH you cannot, I believe, negotiate a discount in the purchase price of the vehicle but you can with a PCP.

In my case I negotiated a pretty decent discount on the purchase price of the car (approx 拢7k including Audi deposit contribution, no payments for 3 months (have had the car since end of Sept, yet to make a payment other than deposit), free C&S pack, 2 years servicing and then a further cash discount. ) and when I compared the whole of life cost ie deposit plus monthly payments, the total cost of the PCP was in excess of 拢2k cheaper than any comparable lease or PCH (for personal use, ie non-business). I also purchased a 3rd party ie non-dealer, scratch and alloy wheel repair package for 拢299 to ensure I can return the car in pristine condition at the end of term. I鈥檝e worked on the basis that there will be no equity in the vehicle at the end of term. If there is that will be a pleasant bonus.

You can also trade a car on PCP during the contract. At the time of purchasing the Q3 I traded an E Class which was 15 months into a 3 year contract. Given I had purchased that car at a 32% discount I was literally able to hand the car over and owe nothing since the trade value of the car matched the outstanding balance on the PCP.. The Audi dealer cleared the finance on the vehicle and then shipped it to a Mercedes dealer in their network where the car sold within a couple of weeks.

PCP or PCH/Lease next time? Depends upon how the sums match up.

Registered
It鈥檚 an interesting debate. At the time of the purchase of my 40TFSi Edition 1 I compared both the cost of the PCP with a Lease/PCH where equally you have no equity in the vehicle at the end of term. If you enter into these contracts aware of the pros and cons they can still work for you. Of course with a PCH you cannot, I believe, negotiate a discount in the purchase price of the vehicle but you can with a PCP.

In my case I negotiated a pretty decent discount on the purchase price of the car (approx 拢7k including Audi deposit contribution, no payments for 3 months (have had the car since end of Sept, yet to make a payment other than deposit), free C&S pack, 2 years servicing and then a further cash discount. ) and when I compared the whole of life cost ie deposit plus monthly payments, the total cost of the PCP was in excess of 拢2k cheaper than any comparable lease or PCH (for personal use, ie non-business). I also purchased a 3rd party ie non-dealer, scratch and alloy wheel repair package for 拢299 to ensure I can return the car in pristine condition at the end of term. I鈥檝e worked on the basis that there will be no equity in the vehicle at the end of term. If there is that will be a pleasant bonus.

You can also trade a car on PCP during the contract. At the time of purchasing the Q3 I traded an E Class which was 15 months into a 3 year contract. Given I had purchased that car at a 32% discount I was literally able to hand the car over and owe nothing since the trade value of the car matched the part-ex valuation. The Audi dealer cleared the finance on the vehicle and then shipped it to a Mercedes dealer in their network where the car sold within a couple of weeks.

PCP or PCH/Lease next time? Depends upon how the sums match up.
I think the key to a PCP is as you have done get a good discount on the car, I have had two previous PCP鈥榮 and the car on order will now be the third.
we were lucky I guess in having equity in both previous cars of two grand on our Mazda Sportnav and now two and a half grand on the Q2 although that figure will drop slightly as the new one won鈥檛 be hear till March.
The finance minister ( the wife ) added up all the figures deposit, trade in, discount of five grand and the payments and interestingly they came out at the retail price of the car, so we will have the car at retail but interest free in affect, plus a three year service pack and the life shine all in that retail price.

The other thing to consider its put a lot of people in a prestige car which were out of reach on a normal finance deal to many, although I do think there鈥檚 a lot of young people got carried away with the PCP鈥榮 and possibly got burnt

Registered
Q3 2021 Sportback, 45TFSI Edition 1, Turbo Blue, 230PS
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
I鈥檝e had a similar experience with my last PCP...negotiated a really good deal on a Tiguan R line and after a 3 yr PCP ended up with nearly 拢5000 equity in the car as a deposit on my Q3 Sportback 35 complete with kangaroo.
After careful consideration I鈥檝e now ditched my lease deal just before the end of the cooling off period. Reason: I used Carwow to find the deal with the broker - the best deal being 鈥楲ease4Less Audi鈥 ....they then use a company called Leaseplan to purchase all the cars...when investigating....even though Lease4Less were brilliant (really good attentive customer service) and signing the contract with leaseplan was a smooth process....I started reading reviews on leaseplan themselves and some of the reviews were shocking 50/50 good and bad. Started worrying whether my first lease would end up being a nightmare so bottled it especially after my rejection debacle on the first q3...
Still have the Q3 bug so have now ended up with a new Q3 Sportback 45Tfsi C&S, Pano roof (wasn鈥檛 bothered about this but already had it) but an Edition1 this time instead of Vorsprung. Always preferred the Edition 1 wheels anyway and I personally don鈥檛 mind the firmer sports suspension. Edition 1鈥檚 also get the matrix headlights which are amazing!......Got a great deal and going with a PCP again. Best part it arrives next week instead of waiting till end of March for the lease car. Worst part is probably can鈥檛 go far in it (supermarket) without breaching lockdown and a police fine at the minute 馃槶
Fingers crossed I might finally have a great car without any issues

Registered

RSQ3 John. I鈥檝e done a couple of PCPs before and go into them expecting to come out with nothing. Anything else is a bonus. It was no different from having rolling car loans for the best part of 20 years. Only ever got to the end of one loan before getting bored 馃榿
The circumstances of PCP suited me, and I never felt stitched up. I get that you don鈥檛 like it, but we are not all the same. However, offering me 拢3500 below a comparable car on the forecourt (with less extras) and zero discount on a new car as a repeat customer did annoy me. They have definitely lost the business.
Only issue is they were 5 minutes wall from the office, so great for servicing!!

Registered
Look out for the Cupra Formentor too (if you can live with the slightly curious badge). It is a new standalone model that really maps to a coupe version of the Cupra Ateca. Rather less boot space than the more boxy Ateca but otherwise an interesting Ateca alternative. New RHD cars are only just arriving in the UK so few UK-based reviews on Youtube as yet but there are one or two, including of course the Autogefuehl one which is probably the most informative of what's there at present:

The 300bhp Formentor model fills in a gap in the Q3 range, which is why I'm interested. The price looks OK too at around 拢40K - not a cheap car certainly but not Audi expensive either. And discounts of around 5% look possible already.
Had a look at the Formentor at the dealers, they had two in, and really didn鈥檛 do it for me. Boot was too small, driver seat felt cramped and it looks far better online than in the flesh. And yes, 5% is achievable without any issue or effort. I got the feeling most people had had the same reaction as me
Could have got 拢6k off a stock Ateca, but they only had silver. Starting position on a build order was about 7% and willing to cover the settlement on the Q3, but recommended coming back around end of March as there is a spec change due, and they think they could reduce the differential. Order time is around 4 months, so still plenty of time.
I do like the simplicity of the configuration. Two models, about 3 extras and a choice of 8 colours. So much easier and far less temptation to spend money on something you鈥檒l play with for a week, set and forget

Registered
Had a look at the Formentor at the dealers, they had two in, and really didn鈥檛 do it for me. Boot was too small, driver seat felt cramped and it looks far better online than in the flesh. And yes, 5% is achievable without any issue or effort. I got the feeling most people had had the same reaction as me
Must admit that I haven't seen one (a Formentor) in the flesh yet in present circumstances, only online. But it's always interesting how car preferences can be quite a personal thing. I looked at a Cupra Ateca before choosing my present Q3, but felt that I just couldn't live with the shape/styling - there's something about it that just doesn't quite seem to work to my eye, but that's obviously just my individual opinion. And when I was choosing, it was the pre-facelift Ateca, which was getting a bit tired re infotainment etc.

Within reason, boot space doesn't bother me at all and on the whole I prefer smaller, more nimble cars rather than larger..One big plus that the Ateca seems to have over Formentor is that it still a full set of legacy aircon controls (and other things like a physical mode selector). Not that I'm against touchscreens, but there is such a thing as the right tool for the job and for aircon etc controls, the right thing is surely a physical knob.- it's just intuitive and hence safer.

When all's said and done there's not a lot of difference between Q3 and Ateca/Formentor beyond styling and cost and details. But the one thing that the Q3 range does not have is the 300bhp engine. That said, the item I would really miss in moving on from the Q3 would be the Google Earth satnav display. (Yes, you can get a poor man's imitation with eg Carplay and a phone, but the display always seems to include extra borders and icons, plus you lose the facility of easy pinch scaling etc.)

Registered
As I鈥檓 on an 鈥渙ld鈥 style Q3, the infotainment system on either the new Q3 or Ateca is a major leap forward. And like many, just lost Google Maps due to the change and no update possible

41 - 52 of 52 Posts