Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
OK, yes. See what you mean.
However if you go into the home page for the Q3 and select a specific trim it shows the available engines for that trim.

Also if you go into the AutoTrader app and select “brand new” the engines available match those suggested on the Q3 home page for each trim level (for those dealers who have physical stock)

Methinks there’s a bit of code or something gone astray in the actual configurator

ps. I also just checked on the Drivethedeal configurator and that’s allowing you to spec 40 & 45 petrol engines etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just read about the 1.5 ”kangaroo” issues. Presume the software update didn’t make any difference? Quite a jump in price moving from the 35 to the 40. ☹

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just read about the 1.5 ”kangaroo” issues. Presume the software update didn’t make any difference? Quite a jump in price moving from the 35 to the 40. ☹
True but as stated above you get 4 wheel drive and all the associated driveline elements with the bigger engines.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I went in to www.audi.co.uk, selected the Q3 and configured it and for no trim level was there a 45TFSI Quattro. What web address are you using?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I went in to www.audi.co.uk, selected the Q3 and configured it and for no trim level was there a 45TFSI Quattro. What web address are you using?
Audi.co.uk

Go to the Q3 home page. There will be a list of the different models at the top eg Sport, Black, S Line etc.
Select a trim and then go the bottom of the page where the engine choices are and the 45 is there for certain trim levels.

·
Registered
708 Posts
We seem to be at cross purposes. The page you have referenced provides marketing details but is not the actual configurator. If you go in to the configurator and select s-line then go to engines you will only have a restricted list. Either the marketing details are wrong or the configurator is wrong.

·
Registered
53 Posts
We seem to be at cross purposes. The page you have referenced provides marketing details but is not the actual configurator. If you go in to the configurator and select s-line then go to engines you will only have a restricted list. Either the marketing details are wrong or the configurator is wrong.
Sorry, that’s what I was trying to suggest above. I think there’s a coding issue or something with the actual configurator

The marketing data is supported by autotrader and various broker websites so I believe all the 2 litre engines are still available but trim specific.

·
Registered
708 Posts
What I find very disturbing is that I have tried four other Audi web sites around the world and they all behave like the UK one. I tend to trust Audi web sites regarding Audi information instead of third party ones.

·
Registered
53 Posts
.....and yet the marketing website is also Audi?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Lets wait until someone at Audi spots it or someone tries to order an s-line 45TFSI Quattro S-tronic

·
Registered
Q3 Sportback Edition1 Turbo Blue 1.5TFSI
1 Posts
I was on the latest software, dealer had it twice to try and fix it. Service manager described the ‘fault’ to me without me going into details and confirmed it was a ‘characteristic’ of my engine. I said that was ridiculous! ....who would want that as a ‘feature’ of a brand new car. Sales manager agreed he wouldn’t want it on any car. I still had to fight hard for my money back...there was a jump in price on my monthly payments from the 35 to the 45 but only £40 / month over 4 yr deal.... I refused to use dealership again after how I was treated. The dealer unfortunately has a monopoly in the northeast (all Audi garages are the same ‘lookers’ group!) so went lease instead... i always hand the car back after a pcp anyway so made no difference to me....
This is mustang67 btw....sorry for any confusion....I must have two different logins on diff devices 🙄

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Can I suggest you lose one and stick to the other please? Otherwise no-one will know who they're talking to.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Leasing vs a PCP.

With a PCP (terrible idea as discussed previously so we won't go there again) you have the ability to exit the agreement when half the payments have been made and just walk away, nothing negative on your credit history - just exercising your legal rights.

Leasing can by done both as an individual (PCH - Private Contract Hire) or as a business lease. I did a 3 year PCH on 2008 A5 Cabrio 2.0TDI manual - there are real merits in the approach as big leasing companies can buy cars with a guaranteed buy-back price X years/agreed mileage into the future and pass some of the savings onto the punter. My monthly payment on the A5 was substantially less than the depreciation on the vehicle if I'd bought it myself.

All good then?

Yes - however there are pitfalls to be aware of:

1) If you get bored of it/circumstances change, i.e. lose your job/something else unforeseen then 'Early Termination' is expensive - if it is available at all. In the contract I had there was a clause that 6 months payments were due if I tried to do it. Some contracts want all the payments...

2) Excess mileage is expensive - so you either 'buy more miles than you need' or risk taking a big hit at contract end - can often be 40p per mile +VAT

3) At the end of the contract there is palaver of returning the car - the leasing company contract will have terms like 'fair wear and tear' and will claim to adhere to industry standard guidelines however expect a squabble as they will want the car back pretty-near mint, inside and out ready to go straight to auction. So alloys all good, interior unmarked - tricky if you have children, paintwork good with no dings or major chips.

On paper a PCH looked like an absolute 'no-brainer', in practice it was less so - and there is nothing worse than being stuck with a car you no longer like or want counting the months to the end of the contract.

·
Registered
Q3 2021 Sportback, 45TFSI Edition 1, Turbo Blue, 230PS
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Re the PCH, I take on board all your points. I had read up on the pros and cons before i signed...I keep all my cars in mint condition so that shouldn’t be a problem handing back and the last 20+yrs I’ve been under the yearly mileage I agreed. Also because I’ve pre tested a q3 Sportback for 3 months already so to speak! I’m fairly sure I’ll be happy with the same car with a punchier engine....so in my case all is good....it will be my first PCH so time will tell I suppose....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
And is this the black edition rather than the s-line?

Pretty sure that’s the black edition, S line’s have matte chrome effect inlays on the front and back. Looks lovely in Daytona.....I think the Sportback in particular suits any colour, even the orange and RS green. I’m sure on the German website you can spec up a yellow one also! I have had two Audi’s in Daytona - A4 avant, then a Q5, then a Tiguan in a very similar ‘Iridium’ Grey so fancied a complete change with a blue one. Thanks for posting that video, it’s made me sure of the wheels I’ve chosen.....I’ve also reached that age where I base a preferred wheel design on how easy it is to clean and this one looks a lot **** easier than the standard Vorsprung wheel 😀......still worried about the configurator, you can spec up most other models for the full range of petrol engines but the Q3 is stuck with the 35..... all I can think is they are currently testing/tinkering/adapting the other engines to pass/comply with the latest Euro 6d emissions?? Once they have done that, they will be available again...that’s at least what I’m hoping it is.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
11 weeks now until delivery so hopefully my order still stands with a 45 🙏

·
Registered
218 Posts
Happy New year all.
Mustang67 if you ordered TFSI 45 230bhp then you would get that.
If any changes to your order you can always reject the car.
There are plenty TFSI 45 230bhp Q3s I think already available you can get one of those.
So don't stress :) .
I got an already built Q3 in March and bought by me in August as it is vorsprung with a space saver wheel so I am quite happy.

Regards,
KJ

21 - 40 of 52 Posts