Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2020 AUDI RSQ3 Sportback
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That Milltek exhaust does sound rather nice with the valves open... Anyone know what the cost of something like this would be and how would this affect MOT in the UK. Would it still pass....?
You could just do the back box which would not affect MOT I believe, unless you do the downpipe with sport catalyst or catless.

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
That Milltek exhaust does sound rather nice with the valves open... Anyone know what the cost of something like this would be and how would this affect MOT in the UK. Would it still pass....?
For the F3, discounted, they are less than £2k. On the 8U, I don't recall Milltek making one - Supersprint used to do systems though they are no longer in the catalogue - was really silly money @ around £2.5k +VAT. MOT would be fine - valves closed.

·
Registered
2020 AUDI RSQ3 Sportback
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Put my RSQ3 on Dynojet before doing modicaiton

366WHP and 474NM on a fully stock car (Sorry it is in our language😬)

We did try another pull from gear 2 > 3 > 4 to see the loss between gear change, which may could be improved by TCU software upgrade.

Here is videos:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Id like to know your thoughts on the ride quality of the car before and after your suspension change once you have had a bit of time with the new setup.

·
Registered
2020 AUDI RSQ3 Sportback
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Id like to know your thoughts on the ride quality of the car before and after your suspension change once you have had a bit of time with the new setup.
Road quality has been improved A LOT after suspension change!! Currently my ride height is set a bit higher on front and a bit lower on rear so both front and rear looks same height.

I stay with KW recommended damper setting for now, I would just drive it for some months and see if height or damper needs to change setting.

The biggest impression I have so far is the lifting when cornering, I can feel it totally change and has been reduced a lot.

Another thing is, the feeling of fear when changing lane speedily on highway has been gone. I was really afraid doing that before suspension change, it felt like car was not able follow up when change lanes repeatedly fast but now the fear is no more and I can feel more confidence to do that. The feeling is just right!!

·
Registered
2020 AUDI RSQ3 Sportback
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Bought a set of stock RSQ3 wheel from friend very cheap about GBP 900- :LOL:

14.7KG per a wheel spec ET38 8.5J 21"

Also some more performance parts came in :love:
APR Intercooler

TTE700 hybrid turbo

Cant wait to get them installed on this beauty

·
Registered
2020 AUDI RSQ3 Sportback
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Unitronic downpipe with 400cpsi cat arrived and It came with twin straight pipe too to replace factory twin OPF pipe. Their downpipe quality is top-notch :love:

·
Registered
2020 AUDI RSQ3 Sportback
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Ended up selling my Unitronic downpipe to a friend, and getting a catless downpipe from local exhasut shop, I also asked the shop to do vband between pipes, which Unitronic's does not have, to avoid potential leaks. The reason I am going with catless instead of catted downpipe, is because I will be running bigger turbo TTE700 and exhaust temp will be higher if running with cat. Without the cat, exhaust temp will be lower.

My friend, who got Unitronic downpipe from me, is installing it to his RSQ3 and found out that our factory exhaust hanger mounting is necessary to modify or the mesh flex bellow will touch to it, since this Unitronic downpipe is made for RS3/TTRS, some modification is expected but fortunately it has just one thing to modify. Other than this, everything is just fitted directly without modification.

Here are photos of my catless downpipe.

This is RSQ3 stock downpipe and OPF pipes together with sensors and cables. The OPF function will be OFF from software done by tuner so car is able to run without EPC.

Two straight pipes replaced with OPF pipes, car now sounds awesome and that is 5-pot engine should have. Totally released the roar.

All my supporting mod came back and will be installing together with turbo, intercooler, downpipe at the end of this month. CANT WAIT!!

·
Registered
2020 AUDI RSQ3 Sportback
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Making some process ...
APR DQ500 gearbox catch can

Eventuro 4" turbo inlet

Taking out the stock turbo

Out with the old, in with the new turbo TTE700

APR larger cast throttle body pipe

·
Registered
RSQ3
70 Posts
Looking on your Instagram Scott lovely Golf R .. 👍🏻👍🏻
these modifications how much difference are they making performance wise on your RS?
serious changes you are making 🕺🏼

·
Registered
2020 AUDI RSQ3 Sportback
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Looking on your Instagram Scott lovely Golf R .. 👍🏻👍🏻
these modifications how much difference are they making performance wise on your RS?
serious changes you are making 🕺🏼
Thanks mate (y)

To be honest, I'm not sure how much power I will gain from doing these, because it depends on our local fuel quality and weather, the best fuel we can get from gas station is 98RON and our temp here in Taiwan is 29-32deg C. With two mentioend condition, I don't think I can gain the same power like most people does in the US or UK with same modifications at 550-650WHP.
I will see how much we can reach next week when car is in tuning shop. Anyway, my power target is not that high and 500-530WHP is good enough for me 😂

·
Registered
RSQ3
70 Posts
You’ve chose best colour too Scott .. Nardo along with the black detailing looks superb it really does .. 👍🏻👍🏻 .. it’s my next choice - apart from possibly the Kermit green .. 😀

21 - 34 of 34 Posts