Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Car arrived today as expected but unfortunately only one of the keys will operate the central locking.
I've changed the battery and tried to code the key as per manual but no joy,
The key starts the car fine however???
Anyone have any tips?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Could be a micro-switch problem in the key fob. Use the key that works to unlock the car then use the key that does not work to lock the car. I am assuming that the key code worked. Locking/unlocking the car uses a completely different method to starting the car.

Reactions: nigxl

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The fob is flashing so I guess the switches are OK in the fob,
No I've failed to get the key to code, it will flash but neither lock nor unlock the car,

·
Registered
783 Posts
There seem to be 2 ways to program the key. Please can you tell me which method you used.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Try the option below:
  1. Press the unlock button on your key fob and hold it.
  2. While you hold the unlock button pressed, insert the key into ignition position II.
  3. Please continue to hold the unlock button pressed for three seconds and then remove it. Your keyfob should be programmed now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ah thanks I've tried various options but not that one,
I'll give it a go tomorrow

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks I've tried that too, think I need a new key. I'll visit Audi and get them to try.
It needs a new SD card for the sat nav that the seller is supplying me with so that will need activating by them.
Thanks for trying

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
188 Posts
I've always had mixed results pairing keys with those methods tbh, have you got access to vcds or know anybody that has.... that's the best way without having your pants pulled down by the dealer!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I have got VCDS yes but the supplying dealer is paying to have it sorted so I don't want to get involved at the moment.
The last thing I want is to have no keys working
:D

21 - 32 of 32 Posts