Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now it could be the camera but the car that is due to be delivered to me on Friday seems to be a darker shade than the earlier Hainan blue cars that I have seen.
Am I imagining this?

·
Super Moderator
5,965 Posts
Er...without a photo I'm not sure anyone could help you with this one!

Reactions: nigxl

·
Registered
818 Posts
Ask for the paint code on the vehicle configuration label. Then the code can be traced back to a colour.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Er...without a photo I'm not sure anyone could help you with this one!
We had pleasant blue kitchen walls so, when we built on a living room about 3 years later, the painter used the same paint code from the same supplier but it had changed to purple. The idiots admitted they had just dropped the old colour and re-used the code for the new paint.

·
Registered
818 Posts
LX5K is the Audi Q3 Hainan Blue colour code.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Some camera sensors over saturate certain colours, my Sepang Blue RSQ3 always looked even brighter with a Samsung phone, same went for the Ascari Blue Performance. My Misano Red RS4 tended to look orange...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Colour is a very complex topic. We all see colours differently and the ambient light conditions can change the colour significantly. Also, the background light intensity can change a colour. The next problem is how the eye sees colour. With red and green these are electrical signals which go from the cones down the optic nerve to the brain. With blue, a chemical reaction occurs which then produces electrical signals which go from the cones to the brain. This is why blue colour blindness is so rare. The only way of comparing colours is to use spectral analysis which is what Audi use when mixing the paint and checking the final product. In the case of Hainan Blue this could consist of 8 or 9 different pigments some of which may not relate to the final colour.

·
Registered
831 Posts
That garage is unacceptable John....far too tidy.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Colour is a very complex topic. We all see colours differently and the ambient light conditions can change the colour significantly. Also, the background light intensity can change a colour. The next problem is how the eye sees colour. With red and green these are electrical signals which go from the cones down the optic nerve to the brain. With blue, a chemical reaction occurs which then produces electrical signals which go from the cones to the brain. This is why blue colour blindness is so rare. The only way of comparing colours is to use spectral analysis which is what Audi use when mixing the paint and checking the final product. In the case of Hainan Blue this could consist of 8 or 9 different pigments some of which may not relate to the final colour.
Thanks! I'd never really thought as to why Blue is not cited as a 'colour blind' instance. I know my father discovered he was colour-blind to Red when he tried to enrol as aircrew for his National Service.

That garage is unacceptable John....far too tidy.
I'm a tidy chap David! That wasn't long after I tiled the floor, £1100 of tiles, looking back I wish I'd bitten the bullet and used clay tiles instead.

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
206 Posts
Who cares what colour it is.....its looks great (y)
Have you setup the myaudi app yet? ....assuming you have the vin number or can get it as that will tell you the paint colour!

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Love that colour!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Who cares what colour it is.....its looks great (y)
Have you setup the myaudi app yet? ....assuming you have the vin number or can get it as that will tell you the paint colour!
The app keeps giving me error messages but I'll sort it eventually

·
Registered
409 Posts
Almost looks somewhere between Sepang and Hainan.....maybe the Black Edition body parts and wheels are playing tricks with the colour. Great looking car though!

·
Super Moderator
5,965 Posts
I think it's a combination of shading and the black trim making it look a little darker, it is a colour that changes a lot with different light levels. Hainan Blue is an absolutely cracking colour, IMHO the nicest blue ever offered for the Q3.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I quite like the colour too.
Anything I should check on the car when it arrives?
I'm guessing fuel filler release and rear washer, anything else?

·
Super Moderator
5,965 Posts
TBH nothing springs to mind, the "known problems" list is pretty short and the incidence of each is quite rare. You could check the correct operation of the tail light clusters with the hatch open and closed, have a look at the undertray on the nearside just behind the front wheelarch to make sure over-enthusiastic driving through puddles hasn't pulled it loose, that's about all I can think of that hasn't already been mentioned.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Brilliant thanks very much, should be here tomorrow all being well so I'll give it a good check over then.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Make sure you have both keys that came with the car!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts