Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Needs some advice regarding the servicing on my Audi. Had the car 2 years now and took out an Arnold Clark service plan. The last service carried out was basically an oil change and a video of their safety check馃槖(think i have been duped) . I have one more service to have carried out in the next few months and need to find out what should be getting done? Turning 5 years old soon aswell although only 36k on the clock. Any advice on belt? Audi claim 5yr or 140k although i have heard different. Have the car on a PCP deal so ideally i wouldnt be wanting to fork out for this, although may affect trade-in? . Any advice would be much appreciated.

Registered
Needs some advice regarding the servicing on my Audi. Had the car 2 years now and took out an Arnold Clark service plan. The last service carried out was basically an oil change and a video of their safety check馃槖(think i have been duped) . I have one more service to have carried out in the next few months and need to find out what should be getting done? Turning 5 years old soon aswell although only 36k on the clock. Any advice on belt? Audi claim 5yr or 140k although i have heard different. Have the car on a PCP deal so ideally i wouldnt be wanting to fork out for this, although may affect trade-in? . Any advice would be much appreciated.
Hi. Not sure on what your schedule is,though I鈥檇 think oil/air/cabin filters are a must on this age & mileage. Brake fluid too. Also Haldex oil and filter(if fitted),gauze filter cleaned if not. I鈥檇 have my cam belt and water pump changed @ 5 years if I were you too. Much cheaper than a new engine if it snaps 馃

Reactions: Gromit

Registered
Also DSG (if it has DSG transmission) is due pretty soon - around 40k miles IIRC. That is an expensive service item they would probably want to avoid.

Audi UK do say 5 years for the Cam Belt on the TDI's

Reactions: Gromit

Registered
The 36k service is a Major and at 2 years will be oil and filter, air filter, cabin filter and brake fluid as a bare minimum - you'd expect a 拢600+ bill.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
The 36k service is a Major and at 2 years will be oil and filter, air filter, cabin filter and brake fluid as a bare minimum - you'd expect a 拢600+ bill.
I have one more fixed service with AC. The service manual is terrible, an air filter 57k, cam belt 133km. They all seem to make up servicing as they go

Registered
I have one more fixed service with AC. The service manual is terrible, an air filter 57k, cam belt 133km. They all seem to make up servicing as they go
Do you have the MyAudi App on your phone? Install it and you'll be able to see exactly what service work as already been done to the car plus what is required and at what mileage.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have the MyAudi App on your phone? Install it and you'll be able to see exactly what service work as already been done to the car plus what is required and at what mileage.
Tried to register although it wouldnt accept my postcode馃槖. TBH Audi say one thing and the manual is different. Im more interested in handing it back at the end of my PCP or trading it in. What gets me is the AC servicing. Basically i paid 2 services that are for oil changes馃槙

Registered
Mine says "only service appointments made via MyAudi are visible" - so shows nothing. This app sucks 馃槀

1 - 8 of 8 Posts