Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have been told by Audi that the 2014 model (my delivery is 2013 July??) has a space saver wheel included. Does anyone know if this can be removed to give the larger boot space at factory or dealership level? Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
the omission of the spare wheel (replaced by a chemical/gas puncture repair kit) is a no cost option on the options list in the new 2014 brochure - but you have to specify it as an option for the build

technically you probably can remove the wheel and its styrofoam retainer but the hole would not be carpeted - not sure about the wheel covering shelf but given its supposed to be reversible then that should be removable too I guess - maybe others will know for certain

Edited by: smoothound54

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was told that Specsaver is default. We can opt out by mentioning it while ordering for larger boot space.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You will need to contact the sales guys and ask them to remove the spare wheel as this is what i did a couple of days ago as I want the larger boot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Have done so. Have you ordered a boot liner? Audi say that they do not have one to exactly fit the larger boot.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not yet, I haven't thought about a boot liner. To be honest when I put dirty Wellies in the car I normal stick them in an ikea bag

1 - 6 of 6 Posts