Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
my Q3 will be 2 yrs old in nov , so starting to think about next one , has anyone any idea when audi will release the
2014 model year spec , I don't expect any styling changes , just wondered what equipment / features may change or become standard like
DAB radio etc

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hi Daytona,

You must have been one of the first Q3 owners? Usually the next year's model will be available in the autumn, a bit early for exterior changes but maybe they'll start using the new engines from the new A3 and update the mmi, paint colours etc

No doubt they will also update the price

·
Registered
613 Posts
Leicester Audi said they weren't aware of any info about model updates yet - but the new engines, and price tag, are most likely first in line!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can't wait till they add some more colours. Just waoiting to order.

·
Registered
563 Posts
So far I don't think there have been any equipment changes, and tbh I don't think there will be, the Q3 comes pretty highly spec'd for an Audi.I would like to see an S Line Plus, andor Black Edition though

·
Registered
44 Posts
Memory seats and heated steering wheel would do me nicely, but I am not sure these are even available in the new A3

·
Registered
613 Posts
....and when you lock the doors, apparently it would be really good if the mirrors folded too....

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks Jules for a chuckle about those mirrors, just what I needed after stressy Monday.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Jules said:
....and when you lock the doors, apparently it would be really good if the mirrors folded too....
You mean they don't
?? They do on my C Crosser and was rather hoping they would on the Q3 I've just ordered !

·
Registered
111 Posts
Consoling
@ Hannu.....

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
My dad's ancient marc jeep can even fold it's mirrors in when you lock it. He loved it until a few winters ago when it froze solid overnight and then the motor decided to knacker when he unlocked it in the morning. Never seen a man so angry

·
Registered
613 Posts
It's just one of those things you get used toI guess.
I had a Mercedes CLK - which had nice pillarless windows for driving around in the summer... When you unlocked the car, the windows dropped a fraction to create a gap - so when you shut the doors it created a better seal.

Every year as soon as the frost arrived, the glass froze to the rubber, so on unlocking the car you heard the electrics struggling, and usually failing,to drag the window down

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks like I will have to wait and see about latest spec's I was hoping they may do a black edition with privacy glass and a few extra's thrown in for a cheaper price and a few new colour choices would be very welcome .
It really annoys me that they charge extra for privacy glass

thanks for your thoughts

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have just read a 'What Car ' announcement that states that the majority of Audi cars in the UK will receive DAB radio as standard from April - I presume 2013.

The article also says that-

Audi will also offer a range of adapters that will allow current owners to retro-fit DAB equipment to their car.

The only cars excluded are the TT and R8

Edited by: SETIG

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just wondering if anyone whose ordered recently has had a solid answer from their dealer re the DAB inclusion?
I cant get a straight answer from the dealer - My q3 has been brought slightly forward to a production week of 24, delivery week 29. Ive read somewhere for the Q3 DAB is rumoured to be as standard from production week 22 onwards

Dealers response .. "We'll just have to wait and see if it arrives with it on"

??? Er not quite the answer I want!

·
Registered
563 Posts
MissATM said:
Just wondering if anyone whose ordered recently has had a solid answer from their dealer re the DAB inclusion?
I cant get a straight answer from the dealer - My q3 has been brought slightly forward to a production week of 24, delivery week 29. Ive read somewhere for the Q3 DAB is rumoured to be as standard from production week 22 onwards

Dealers response .. "We'll just have to wait and see if it arrives with it on"

??? Er not quite the answer I want!
Hi
It seems that build week 22 is the start of 2014 models, but from what I've read Audi are increasing the cost to cover the DAB radio so it's not going to be a freebie unless you paid the old price.

·
Registered
143 Posts
hi I was told cars ordered in April would have DAB

1 - 20 of 58 Posts