Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have an issue with my car. The engine management light is on and the glow plug light comes on occasionally (giving loss of power sometimes), and the start stop does not work (car switches off but not back on again when stationary), so needs to be manually overridden when driving.

OBD diagnostic from a garage I trust first suggested changing glow plugs which I did, then it picked up a throttle sensor fault code so we replaced the throttle pedal. Now my garage tells me it's perhaps a throttle body issue, and instead of cleaning existing throttle body it may be better to replace it with a new one. Failing this he said it will be an electrical issue with the car.

Any help and advice is most welcome please, including which throttle body to buy as he suggested any new part from ebay?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
The throttle body is item 27 on the attached parts list - air filter with connecting parts; intake connecti... - Audi Q3(AQ3) [EUROPA 2013 year] (7zap.com)
The suffix at the end of the part number is important and has been updated twice, from R to AC and finally T
Any of these 3 revisions would be OK on your 2013 TDi
I would personally only buy genuine Audi parts and new ones seem to be around the £170 mark on ebay.
At that price I'd start by cleaning the original part and see if it fixes the problem - 2.0TDI Throttle Body Codes VW Audi FIXED and Prevention - YouTube

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi everyone, I have an issue with my car. The engine management light is on and the glow plug light comes on occasionally (giving loss of power sometimes), and the start stop does not work (car switches off but not back on again when stationary), so needs to be manually overridden when driving.

OBD diagnostic from a garage I trust first suggested changing glow plugs which I did, then it picked up a throttle sensor fault code so we replaced the throttle pedal. Now my garage tells me it's perhaps a throttle body issue, and instead of cleaning existing throttle body it may be better to replace it with a new one. Failing this he said it will be an electrical issue with the car.

Any help and advice is most welcome please, including which throttle body to buy as he suggested any new part from ebay?

Thank you.
Thanks
The throttle body is item 27 on the attached parts list - air filter with connecting parts; intake connecti... - Audi Q3(AQ3) [EUROPA 2013 year] (7zap.com)
The suffix at the end of the part number is important and has been updated twice, from R to AC and finally T
Any of these 3 revisions would be OK on your 2013 TDi
I would personally only buy genuine Audi parts and new ones seem to be around the £170 mark on ebay.
At that price I'd start by cleaning the original part and see if it fixes the problem - 2.0TDI Throttle Body Codes VW Audi FIXED and Prevention - YouTube

Cheers Spike
Great thank you so much Spike! I will let you know how I get on, I feel the garage want to replace the part rather than clean it.

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
Don't they always? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Had this exact issue myself, my indie told me to to use a couple of bottles of God stem cleaner (Wynn's diesel detox for me). I used 2 bottles, 1 per tank, and then redex in every tank of fuel there after.
That sorted that problem.
I think the non working stop start is a separate issue and is probably due to a weak battery.
I turn mine off anyway so no problems arise from it anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts