Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Posted this as part of my newbie intro, but wondering if anyone knows if the dealer would / could do this.

Ordering a Q3 SLineon Saturday and would ideally like a set of 20" titanium effect alloys on the car (I like the ones they offer as an option on the Q5 as well as the S5 ones). Happy to pay as part of the order - however, would the Audi dealer fit these as part of the order, and would they likely charge me through the nose for this?

Be good to hear of anyone that has 20" alloys in terms of ride, appearance and how they got it done?

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiI don't think you will be able to order these from the factory because they are not an option.They will have to be a dealer fit and it won't be cheap, also be aware you will have to order the car with 19" wheels to get the wheel arch extensions.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the 5 segment 19 inch alloys with 40 profile tyres whichare fine for grip and ride quality. If you fit 20 inch you could end up with 35 profile tyres and a much less forgiving ride.
however as with everything,it's a matter of personal choice.

·
Registered
518 Posts
To add to the comments of others, there is alsothe distinct probability that fitting a non standard wheel size will invalidate the warranty (think mega trucks on tractor tyres as an extreme!!). Also, as Tedmunds says, the ride quality will be severely compromised, and you would need to check that the overall wheel + tyre diameter is unchanged. If it is, then the speedometer might give incorrect readings etc etc.I'm not a fan of larger wheels (personal choice as I prefer ride comfort to aesthetics) but even if I was, I would be very wary about fitting something of a size that was not on the manufacturers options list.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. As Tedmunds has got, I am going to stick to my original choice which was for the 5 segment 19 inchers. Bearing in mind I can drop the suspension by nearly an inch (20mm) anyway, that will get the same overall effect visually anyway.

And got point on the warranty. I had thought about that, and you are probably right.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Although you have decided, a further issue may be the Insurance Company.

They need notification of any modifications / alterations to the manufacturers standard specification.

·
Super Moderator
1,756 Posts
Q3Damo said:
Thanks everyone. As Tedmunds has got, I am going to stick to my original choice which was for the 5 segment 19 inchers. Bearing in mind I can drop the suspension by nearly an inch (20mm) anyway, that will get the same overall effect visually anyway.

And got point on the warranty. I had thought about that, and you are probably right.
Good decision

·
Registered
563 Posts
Q3Damo said:

The no cost sport suspension will give you a 20mm drop.I wasn't sure if you talking about that or going after market.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Tedmunds said:
Hre's a pic of my wheel choice.
Very nice

Edited by: Del

1 - 10 of 10 Posts