Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only seen a few Q3's on my travels but i saw 2 in the Bridgend area this week, the first was a black SE near tescos,which was going the opposite direction, and the other was identical to mine (obviously someone with impecable taste
) near my parents house which i followed for a couple of hundred yards before we went in different directions.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Went months after getting mine and saw none, then on Sat just gone had to drive to Crouch end in London and saw 6... 3 in Crouch end and 3 on the way there.

Still love seeing them as they look great, love the running lights the only other car that looks that cool is the new A5 but with 2 kids and a dog the Q3 wins out.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
A woman in a Ford Kugar stopped me in the supermarket carpark the other day and asked what i was driving

After driving a 3 series previously it's good not to see another one on every corner...

·
Registered
201 Posts
I drove through Crouch End on Saturday around 12.30-1pm on the way to Cambridge from the centre of London, so if you saw a Monsoon Grey that was/could have been me mark3988
There is a Black Q3 that's parked regularly just off Great Portland Street as well, they took early delivery, I have been walking past it/gritting my teeth/staring at it intently since March whilst waiting for mine.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Next time i'm in town I'll look out for you. Great colour choice by the way... Looks like you've lots of nice toys on it also.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dinkum said:
sherbs said:
followed for a couple of hundred yards
You stalking other Q3's?

I have only seen one other, in black recently. Then there is the demo model which is around a fair bit.

I guess my secret is out
, don't tell anybody

·
Registered
613 Posts
I think I've only seen a couple on the road - none in my colour ;-)

·
Registered
264 Posts
i see at least 4 or 5 every day maybe there is a nest some where near me

·
Registered
201 Posts
mark3988 said:
Next time i'm in town I'll look out for you. Great colour choice by the way... Looks like you've lots of nice toys on it also.
Thanks, I finally read the manual all the way through and am getting to grips with the car, I'm really pleased. Always the way though, I should have spec'd auto dipping headlights as well but there you go. If I see another Monsoon Grey I will give flash it on the off chance it's you :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live nr Portishead-Bristol and since delivery in January seen none in our areauntil August, then spotted a black Q3 TFSi in Waitrose car park, recently a white S-Line. Still rare in our area; seen more Q5 and Q7's. Hard to tell a Q3 from a Q5 from the back.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Andy C said:
I live nr Portishead-Bristol and since delivery in January seen none in our areauntil August, then spotted a black Q3 TFSi in Waitrose car park, recently a white S-Line. Still rare in our area; seen more Q5 and Q7's. Hard to tell a Q3 from a Q5 from the back.
Ilike to think that i'm up on my cars and can tell the difference between most cars new and old, but i still have to read the badge on the back of Q3/5's to tell them apart.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll let you know if it helps next time i see one.Thanks for the photos, i may have to print them off and stick them to the dashboard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tell ya, the Q3 is pretty unique car, there is just one of them down my end of the country, and it is in the next town. Every time we meet on the road, we smile and wave )))

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the same challenge. I can usually beat my self at night in my 'Q3 or Q5' game as I've learnt the lights, but the day time is more of challenging :).

·
Registered
264 Posts
sounds like ypu guys have started a new game the Q challenge

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jeez lads, I know that Q3 and Q5 are not that different, but the Q3 is way better looking car! Should be able to spot it right away.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You are so right Taurean. Perhaps I should spend more time looking out the windscreen instead of the DIS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, I have to say it is all good driving Q3, but I would love to see it from outside as often :)Thinking of installing big mirror at the house and the office so I can admire my Q3 as I pull in parking spot )))

1 - 20 of 42 Posts