Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just out of curiosity - anyone picking their new Q3 on 1st Sept?
The dealership I'm getting it from is open on 31st Aug and was asked if I wanted to collect and drive away at midnight - errr no thanks, want all the sleep I can get to drive it all day on the 1st!

Anyone else picking up on 1st?

·
Registered
16 Posts
We are going for midnight, however that is because the tax on the trade in runs out on the 31st August andwe have been told that the midnight events are fun.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fab - Daddy k and davidrw - what spec r u getting?

I'm getting a SE 140 Monsoon grey full paint! Can't wait!!

Davidrw - must admit if we didn't have 8 year old twins who will be in bed, I'd be tempted to go for midnight too!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Oh I am so glad that our car isn't arriving until October

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd go on midnight if offered.

We've got metallic white se, with led light pack,, full colour bodywork, and dealer fit tints

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bambi that did made me chuckle, the wait is agonising isn't it!

Daddy k - mmmm don't tempt me, now racking my brains on who to ask to babysit (just kidding).

Not long now ......

·
Registered
50 Posts
Getting it on the first as well, Monsoon Gray!! Can't wait

·
Registered
184 Posts
Oooh I've had mine for a couple ofmonths but I am excited all over again for you guys!
Edited by: Samoanjoe

·
Registered
302 Posts
Deb960 said:
Bambi that did made me chuckle, the wait is agonising isn't it!
LOL - but not nearly as bad as the thought of picking a car up on 1st September
I hope our dealer doesn't do anything 'special' when we pick ours up - we're only buying a car ..........

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh what do you mean by dealer doing something special? I last bought a new new car about 9 years ago and just signed the paperwork,and drove away. Do some dealers do something special then and if so what experiences have some of you had?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Deb960 said:
Oh what do you mean by dealer doing something special? I last bought a new new car about 9 years ago and just signed the paperwork,and drove away. Do some dealers do something special then and if so what experiences have some of you had?
Same with me - our cars are 8 & 9 and the 8 year old was 6 months old when we got it :) Someone here said that their dealer had the car 'hidden' under a cover and made a 'thing' of revealing it ?? I'm just not the sort of person that wants to make a big thing of being the first person on the road with a new number plate :) Where I live (very rural) most people are like us and drive old cars (the wealthier you are, the older the car you drive
) and it's going to be embarrassing enough having a new car in the drive, so going for grey will help it blend into the background :) :)We're not really into cars assuch - just want something comfy and reliable that will last another 10 years :) :)

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
When Mrs G and I went to collect our Q3 we found it in pride of place in the showroom, covered in a posh dustsheet with a perspex plaque in front of it proclaiming that "Gromit's Retreat Audi Welcomes Mr and Mrs G" (or words to that effect). Having signed the paperwork and coughed the dosh we were treated to a ceremonial unveiling - all that was missing was piped orchestral music reaching a crescendo as the cover was whipped off.

It's pure BS, but it's nice BS all the same.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So funny - OMG didn't realise some dealers do that - although the piped orchestral music reaching a crescendo would of been the icing on the cake
but I presume with probably quite a few people picking up on 1st - they may not have enough posh dustsheets to go round!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
One week to go........can't wait!!!! Booked in for 9.00!!

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
Better make sure the salesperson has had plenty of coffee - if they've been up since before midnight they'll be completely zonked before you get to see them.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts