Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[No message]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry all should have read where can i get a spare standard alloy 17" 10 spokei got a dealer car so no spare my idear is you get a spare to keep at home and take with me on long trips the best price i could find was £525 with tyre thanks Daniel

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does the q3 not come with a spare wheel??

·
Registered
264 Posts
no its a factory opiton at £75 otherwise you get an aerosol of fom to get you home / garage .if you use the foam you will need a new tyre !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Without a spare wheel it could be very expensive if anyone has a puncture. My Q3 was a demo car which did not have the factory fitted option of a spare wheel. Does anyone happen to know if the spare wheel option can be purchased after taking delivery of the car and if so roughly how much it would cost. I appreciate there might be a loss of boot space but that might be a price worth paying . Cheers

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes you can get the spare fitted but its around £500/ £600 dealer fit

you will need plastic tray
new boot floor
and spare wheel

my idear one spare alloy left at home as the wife does not travel far and could not change a wheel any way. any long trips place wheel in boot and strap it down if a problem i could at lease fit the wheel

dan

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks Daniel TD5. I'll need to think carefully before spending that much to save the cost of a new tyre should I get a puncture. Good to have the info though.

·
Registered
563 Posts
daytona said:
no its a factory opiton at £75 otherwise you get an aerosol of fom to get you home / garage .if you use the foam you will need a new tyre !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's not quite true, tyres can be repaired after using the sealant.The problem arises when the damage is too big for the sealant to work then you are stranded.
Edited by: Del

1 - 8 of 8 Posts