Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to register and connect to the app - MyAudi, and apparently need a 10 digit vehicle code that is supposed to be on a tag with the remote key/s. However, there is no tag.

Does anyone know if this code is anywhere else, either in the paperwork, or stored on the car somewhere?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Michael TR5,
My car was delivered with a long, clear, plastic tag which has a hinged cover, when I swing open the cover I can see a 10 digit alpha code on the end with the securing strap, tag was with the two keys. I'd be interested to hear how you get on with the app. I tried it and gave up. It gave false info on the car's status, eg telling me the oil was low when in fact as a new car the oil was up to the mark and other things. Having had a conversation with my local garage techie, I didn't have to delve too deep before I started detecting his unease with the app. I have seen comments by others about its inaccuracies and general frustration. I hope you manage to get your tag, and you have more success than me.

Mike

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
The Key Tag (White nylon thing) is attached to the spare key when the car is delivered. If you don't have it then Audi Customer Service can help you. 0800 699 888.

My departed RS4 could use all the features of the MyAudi App and I found it worked quite well once the initial challenge of deleting the screwed up 1st attempt (by the dealer) of linking it to the car was overcome. The instructions on how to do it are incorrect.

If the MyAudi app isn't working properly delete the 'Key User' in the MMI in the car. Wait about 12 hours, i.e. overnight as once the 'Connect' option is reset it needs a few hours for Audi's systems to get updated. The car then prompts for a clean setup in MMI using the Key tag.

There is a critical step in the set up process where after the code on the Key tag and taking the option to Login the vehicle then asks for a Password OR the MyAudi code number.

You MUST enter the MyAudi code number as this links the mobile app to the car. If you enter the MyAudi password into MMI it still appears to work however the mobile App reports duff information.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that. My car is an ex-demonstrator, and the tag is missing, so I've emailed the salesman to sort it.

"MyAudi code number" - I assume that's the six digit number you get as part of 'signing-up'?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It won't let me use the MyAudi app without the 10 digit code from the key tag, and the Audi garage don't have it!
They are having to try and get a replacement, but I don't know if this has to be programmed to the keys?

Anyone know, or experienced the same problem?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
It won't let me use the MyAudi app without the 10 digit code from the key tag, and the Audi garage don't have it!
They are having to try and get a replacement, but I don't know if this has to be programmed to the keys?

Anyone know, or experienced the same problem?
The Key Tag (White nylon thing) is attached to the spare key when the car is delivered. If you don't have it then Audi Customer Service can help you. 0800 699 888.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts