FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Audi Q3 Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

Register and say hello and hopefully we'll grow into a large bunch of Q3 owners and enthusiasts.

Please post pictures of your Q3 in our Audi Q3 Gallery. You can read all the latest Audi Q3 News on our main website.

Tow bar for face lifted 2015 q3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Classiche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Classiche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tow bar for face lifted 2015 q3
    Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 8:42pm
Very pleased with my 2015 q3 but cannot find a detachable towbar. Witter do not make one and Audi quote stupid money to have a Bosal orbis one. They seem to think a new bumper is needed, which will need to be painted.
Has anyone had one fitted to the new q3. The tow bar quoted on all towbar sites is for the previous model.
Any thought.
Thanks

Sponsored Links

Stevie Stirling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Stirling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 1:53pm
Hi Classiche. Im picking up my Q3 in 2 weeks and have been looking around as well i have been in touch with this company and they seem nort to bad so far. this is what they came back with.  
 There was a facelift this year, I'd recommend the Westfalia detachable towbar as it is Original Equipment to Audi and is suitable for the facelift whereas a Witter towbar for instance is different.
The bumper requires a non-visible cut underneath so it wouldn't be seen.

With your car being so new, we do recommend fitting dedicated wiring kits as they are made specifically for the vehicle and mostly plug straight in, it will also enable any towing settings that the vehicle has, if you do not your main dealer could invalidate the manufacturers warranty.

http://www.pfjones.co.uk/audi-q3-2011-on-detachable-tow-bar.html
skypeter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skypeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 1:31pm
hi 
Classiche  and steve

Would not mind both send me photo of tow bar and any cut hole ? 
i bought Facelift  2015 Q3 last weekend  I'm worry about cut hole   
i need tow bar for my caravan 
hope help me   thank you 
Bowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 4:28pm
This was part of the reason i got the factory fit bar.  I have previously been loathed to spend so much on the factory fit, but as it only cost £520 plus the vat it seemed quite reasonable.

i have fitted the last 2 towbars to my previous XC60s and previous grand cherokee.  The xc60s both needed a significant bumper cut, but Volvo did a clip on cover that went over the top.  It is also quite nerve-wracking cutting in to your new car!

I have bought from PFjones and yes agree that you must get the dedicated kit as they pretty much plug in.  There should be some plugs ready to receive it behind the left hand cover in the boot, as mine has a small box of tricks here that then feeds out under the 1st aid kit and out to the towball. 
But do your homework to cost it out.  With Volvo the dealer kit was half the price of aftermarket kit. This was even with the trip to the dealer to activate it.
2016 2.0TDi Quattro 150 S-Tronic, S-line Plus, inc:towbar, bendy mirrors, reversing camera, heated seats & internal LEDs
nick clock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick clock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 12:21pm
Hi, this is my first post.
We have just received our new 2016 Q3 SE and are enjoying it a lot so far.
We too need a tow bar, and want this to be detachable. Indespension say they do one which plugs in vertically from underneath and with the special electrics costs almost £700. They say they will handle the electrics integration (stability, fog light bumper sensors etc) and no cut in the bumper will be required.
I see that there is a large cut-out already about a foot wide by four inches under the bumper which presumably would be used. I'm a little worried about posts here about bumper cutting and Audi downloads.
Has anyone else had such a tow bar fitted by Indespension?
Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Stirling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 12:45pm
Hi
Towbar fitted but opted for fixed swan neck style .Hardly notice the cut out unless you go underneath and look. I did see one with a detchable style but once the bar was remover it mabe the bumper cut more visible.Also came with dedicated electrics programmed to Audi . Can recommend a company citytowbars and electrics in Coatbridge as they can also supply detachable towbars as well.
Q3 S-line plus 150. Hanian blue 19"wheels . Comfort pack plus. Led lighting pack etc.Heated seats.
Pronet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pronet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Stevie Stirling Stevie Stirling wrote:

Hi
Towbar fitted but opted for fixed swan neck style .Hardly notice the cut out unless you go underneath and look. I did see one with a detchable style but once the bar was remover it mabe the bumper cut more visible.Also came with dedicated electrics programmed to Audi . Can recommend a company citytowbars and electrics in Coatbridge as they can also supply detachable towbars as well.

any pictures?
Audi Q3 S-Line 2.0 TDI (150) Quattro S-Tronic, Monsun Grey, 19 inch wheels, Tinted rear windows, Drive Select, Adaptive suspension, Sound System, Nav, BT, Xenon | Locaton: Tolmin/Slovenia

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick clock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 3:25pm
Thanks for that Steve. Which Q3 model is yours?
I opted for a detachable hook because I kept hitting my shins on the hook on our old car!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Stirling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 11:54am
I have the Q3 s line plus will try and upload some pictures ??
Q3 S-line plus 150. Hanian blue 19"wheels . Comfort pack plus. Led lighting pack etc.Heated seats.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick clock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 1:09pm
The bumper area detail seems to vary a lot between models. Our 2016 SE has a large slot underneath in the plastic skirt which might avoid the need for a cut. Indespension say no cut needed on ours. It will be interesting to compare.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic