FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Audi Q3 Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

Register and say hello and hopefully we'll grow into a large bunch of Q3 owners and enthusiasts.

Please post pictures of your Q3 in our Audi Q3 Gallery. You can read all the latest Audi Q3 News on our main website.

RSQ3 exhaust

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
peterexpart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterexpart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 3:17pm
John
The only thing I would say in their defence it that the quality of the Tubing, Brackets, Welding and Hardware were 1st Class and it fitted onto the car and all of the pre existing hangers perfectly, the one warning I would have about the two companies currently advertising on ebay in Birmingham is that there is no way they would be able to finish off the rear valance to a standard you would need / demand in either the timescale or at the price advertised, and having seen the complex bending required to get a 2 3/4" Stainless Pipe into the tiny space available around the Battery Box I would have to see one they had previously done before letting them loose on my car.
One last point you should be able to negotiate closer to 20% with SS Uk
Peter RSQ3
New Forest
Hants
Sponsored Links

RSQ3John View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSQ3John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 3:58pm
Thanks for the tip Peter, they said 7% absolute max on the discount, I'll go back and ask again - the quality does look very high and I'll make a good job of the rear valance/difuser myself - i'd be chuffed if I could equal your standard though.
RSQ3, MY2016, Sepang Blue/black styling pack, diamond stitch seats, lunar silver headliner, carbon Atlas inlays, Bose, advanced key, pano roof, 20" Rotors, comfort pack plus, tech pack. CF bumper Prot
RSQ3John View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSQ3John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 3:39pm
More negotiation with SuperSprint's importer in the UK, they have been very helpful and I believe they have gone to the wire at £1660 UK delivered - it's still too much, I'll look at alternatives.  
RSQ3, MY2016, Sepang Blue/black styling pack, diamond stitch seats, lunar silver headliner, carbon Atlas inlays, Bose, advanced key, pano roof, 20" Rotors, comfort pack plus, tech pack. CF bumper Prot
RSQ3John View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSQ3John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 3:18pm
I have asked Supersprint in Italy if they can provide a more competitive price and haven't had a reply so have spoken to one of the Ebay vendors, TiptopExhaustsUK based in Aston and a chap called Alan McMillan who confirmed that they have done 3x RSQ3 dual outlet exhausts, they are made to order and include the exhaust valve and retain the stock centre silencer.  They order-in the parts including matching oval tail-pipes so need a few days warning.  Previous customers have paid direct once happy with the installation - takes about 3 hours/  I'll get a spare rear diffuser prepped, refinished and fitted and take it from there...£450 is more palatable. Let's see how it goes...

Will call the insurance company too and see how they feel about it as well....

RSQ3John View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSQ3John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 11:31am
On the RSQ3 exhaust topic and getting control of the exhaust valve I see that MTM do a remote control device now...not exactly low cost though....http://www.mtm-online.de/en/Audi/RS-Q3/2-5-TFSI-228-kW-310-hp-quattro?FZID=RSQ3228q&KIT=m-mtmfbagae1
andromeda411 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andromeda411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 4:16pm

just had this done to my RSQ3 at a company called pipe dynamics in Leven in Fife. exhaust flap removed and twin conversion done with new rear box.
Boxbrownie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxbrownie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 7:33am
Exhaust looks great, but what is that body colour?
177 SE S-Tronic, Pistachio Nappa, Tech Pack, Keyless, Luggage, Load, 18" 5xTwins, Hot Seats, Bright Bendy Lights, Wobbly Mirrors, LazyBoy Rear Hatch, it has now gone, well it had to sooner or later.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andromeda411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 9:08am
colour does not look so good inside the garage.
the colour is Imola Yellow. 

grumpycamel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpycamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 10:49am
Wow. Now that a new colour to me.
The exhausts look good. Can I ask how much the conversion cost?
Pre-FL Audi Q3 S-Line 2.0TDI (177) Quattro S-Tronic,Cobalt Blue,Nappa leather,Heated seats,MMI HD Nav,Colour DIS, Bluetooth,CD Changer,Xenon lights,Spare tyre (on my body and in the car)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andromeda411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:37am
hi,

cost me £400 for the conversion. a lot of work involved in shaping the system to fit round the battery box.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic