FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Audi Q3 Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

Register and say hello and hopefully we'll grow into a large bunch of Q3 owners and enthusiasts.

Please post pictures of your Q3 in our Audi Q3 Gallery. You can read all the latest Audi Q3 News on our main website.

Rsq3 exhaust valve

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
marknjayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marknjayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rsq3 exhaust valve
    Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 10:27pm
Hi ,on my Golf R I coded the flaps open permanently but there is no option on OBD11 for this on the RSQ3 ,any other way of having them always open instead of selecting dynamic as I can't stand the fake weighted steering feel in dynamic,maybe unplug the connection ?
Sponsored Links

Hawkeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 11:18pm
Unfortunately not - no way I found of coding them open, nor any way of having them permanently open by disconnecting them (as I used to have them on my S3) - did have a look underneath, but not an option.

There was a thread (see below) that looked at this (and exhausts) a while back and concluded that with the standard exhaust we are stuck with how the valve works and that (unfortunately) one can't have it permanently open. 

2015 RSQ3 Misano/Titanium, Competition Titanium Wheels, Panoramic Sunroof, LED Interior Light Pack, BOSE, Tech Pack, Cruise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marknjayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 5:30pm
Is there no connector plug under the car ?
CerberusRogue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CerberusRogue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:39am
I had a look and it looks like there might be, but without jacking the back of the car up I couldn't really see much
September 2015 Audi RS Q3, Sepang Blue, Aluminium pack, 4 wheels, door handles, heating, seats, windows, seatbelts, radio, volume control on steering wheel, steering wheel - am I doing this right?
Hawkeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:48pm
I haven't looked but vaguely seem to recall there was a thread on here where someone tried it and found that taking the plug off made no difference / left the valve closed? Could be wrong though
2015 RSQ3 Misano/Titanium, Competition Titanium Wheels, Panoramic Sunroof, LED Interior Light Pack, BOSE, Tech Pack, Cruise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marknjayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Hawkeye Hawkeye wrote:

I haven't looked but vaguely seem to recall there was a thread on here where someone tried it and found that taking the plug off made no difference / left the valve closed? Could be wrong though

CLP in Sheffield are looking into it for me ,I noticed today on their dyno that the flap even in dynamic stays closed till 3.5k rpm ...😕

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marknjayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 7:02pm
AWE do a single valve remote valve open/close unit ,ordered one via CLP and hopefully it does the job...will update when fitted
/http://www.awe-tuning.com/switchpath-exhaust-remote
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic