FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Audi Q3 Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

Register and say hello and hopefully we'll grow into a large bunch of Q3 owners and enthusiasts.

Please post pictures of your Q3 in our Audi Q3 Gallery. You can read all the latest Audi Q3 News on our main website.

Radio stays on after turning the engine off.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Eli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radio stays on after turning the engine off.
    Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:21pm
On 2018, is it possible to have the radio to go off automatically when turning the engine off? Thank you for your help, Eli

Sponsored Links

johnlg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnlg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:30pm
An annoying feature IMO - only goes off when you remove the keys. I can tell you it's even more annoying if you have keyless (I don't, but have had loaners with it) since it waits for the door to open.
2017 Q3 2.0 TDI 184 Quattro S-Tronic S line, Floret Silver, Alcantara, Bose, HBA, 19" 'Off-Road' Alloys, Privacy Glass, Tech Pack, Storage, Non-Smoking, Folding Mirrors :)
Boxbrownie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxbrownie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 4:02pm
Why is that annoying?
177 SE S-Tronic, Pistachio Nappa, Tech Pack, Keyless, Luggage, Load, 18" 5xTwins, Hot Seats, Bright Bendy Lights, Wobbly Mirrors, LazyBoy Rear Hatch, it has now gone, well it had to sooner or later.
johnlg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnlg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 4:56pm
I'm sure in my A3 the volume decreased when the ignition was switched off. TBH it's far more annoying with keyless - you'd have to open the door to cut it.

I'm too lazy to turn the volume down manually when parking in front of the house Wink

Let's face it - this isn't a real problem LOL
2017 Q3 2.0 TDI 184 Quattro S-Tronic S line, Floret Silver, Alcantara, Bose, HBA, 19" 'Off-Road' Alloys, Privacy Glass, Tech Pack, Storage, Non-Smoking, Folding Mirrors :)
Richard Hamilton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Hamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 6:38pm
I don't find it annoying either.  When you get to your destination and want to listen to the end of the news item (or similar) it would be more annoying to have to leave the engine running......
2015 (MY2014) in Sepang Blue. SatNav, HDDMMI, TechPack, RevCam, CarbonBits, Xenons, 5armRotors, Bose, ThruLoad, AluBits, Cruise, HillHold, DescCont, AutoDim, TPMS, LEDinteriors, FoldyMirrors and more.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxbrownie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Richard Hamilton Richard Hamilton wrote:

I don't find it annoying either.  When you get to your destination and want to listen to the end of the news item (or similar) it would be more annoying to have to leave the engine running......

This.............
177 SE S-Tronic, Pistachio Nappa, Tech Pack, Keyless, Luggage, Load, 18" 5xTwins, Hot Seats, Bright Bendy Lights, Wobbly Mirrors, LazyBoy Rear Hatch, it has now gone, well it had to sooner or later.
DavidS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 9:28am
I'm keyless and it works just fine on door opening IMHO.
Just press the button to switch it off?
I'm still trying to remember to switch the stop/start off as soon as I start the car.
2013 Cobalt Blue Q3 TDi 177PS, S Line, S Tronic with Parking Plus. My first ever diesel!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxbrownie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 11:31am
Everyone who has the the S/S and doesn't like it/cannot drive with it..........had better get used to it, I can see it becoming a feature that will be customer secured in future legislation. 
Eli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 11:44am
Thank you everyone for your help. Much appreciated.
grumpycamel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpycamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Boxbrownie Boxbrownie wrote:

Everyone who has the the S/S and doesn't like it/cannot drive with it..........had better get used to it, I can see it becoming a feature that will be customer secured in future legislation. 
Along with a growing market in backdoor hacks... LOL
Pre-FL Audi Q3 S-Line 2.0TDI (177) Quattro S-Tronic,Cobalt Blue,Nappa leather,Heated seats,MMI HD Nav,Colour DIS, Bluetooth,CD Changer,Xenon lights,Spare tyre (on my body and in the car)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic