FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Audi Q3 Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

Register and say hello and hopefully we'll grow into a large bunch of Q3 owners and enthusiasts.

Please post pictures of your Q3 in our Audi Q3 Gallery. You can read all the latest Audi Q3 News on our main website.

Q3 Front End Vibrations issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 36373839>
Author
mwcltd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwcltd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:30pm
I have had my Q3 on 19" wheels since November 2017. It is a 2.0TFSI but it does have S-tronic. I have had no vibration issues from anywhere. I hope that this helps.
Q3 2.0TFSI S-Line Quattro 180PS S-tronic Monsoon Grey Nappa leather. All option boxes ticked apart from sunroof.
Sponsored Links

Q34ME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Q34ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:32pm
Hi
There was a modification to rectify front end vibration, the lower front wishbone support bearing were changed, TPI 20333201/2 refers. I would have thought that this would have been carried out with it being a recent model, anyway it’s probably worth mentioning it to your dealer.
Rotac60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rotac60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:38am
I had small vibrations from front wheels of my 2litre diesel on 19 inch wheel.
This disappeared once tyres bedded in.
mickbarratt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickbarratt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 11:35am
I have just dropped my September 2017 Q3 2.0TDI Quattro 190 S-Tronic into the Audi Garage in Portsmouth.  The vibrations have been getting steadily worse and starting at a lower speed (50mph)  they tend to disappear by 70mph but this can't be right.  Hopefully the fault will be diagnosed and I can respond with the outcome.
javicano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javicano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 5:06pm
I've been at official Audi dealer, to try to solve the vibration problems. I have reported tpi 2033201/2 and your answer is that this solution does not exist for Q3. I'm scared Does anyone have documentation that I can provide to make a claim, and justify that I am right?

Thank you
Darstro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darstro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 10:33am
My model is a 2.0 Tdi s-line 140 bhp. The problem arises during motorway driving at around 80 to 85 mpg. This is really frustrating I have had the tracking done twice and wheeps balanced twice in a month with little to no improvement. The car is under warranty so another trip to Audi. Apart from that the car is good and well built. Maybe should have kept my BMW. 😂
On the other hand they wash it for me every visit.
Darstro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darstro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 8:14pm
Steering wheel vibration.
2013 - Audi Q3 2.0 TDI S-Line 150 bhp. Daytona Grey. MileaCryge 36k 
spike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by javicano javicano wrote:

I've been at official Audi dealer, to try to solve the vibration problems. I have reported tpi 2033201/2 and your answer is that this solution does not exist for Q3. I'm scared Does anyone have documentation that I can provide to make a claim, and justify that I am right?

Thank you

It's possible the TPI does not apply to left hand drive vehicle, or if your car is fairly new the related parts may have been fitted in production

Cheers  Spike 
2012 Silver SE TDi 177 S-Tronic. Pan Roof, Comfort Pack, Sports cloth seats, Xenon Light Pack, SD Sat Nav, Hill Hold, Spacesaver Spare
Darstro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darstro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 8:52pm
Please explain What is tpi 2033201/2.
Thanks Daz
javicano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javicano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 11:05pm
[QUOTE = spike] [QUOTE = javicano]
Estuve en el concesionario oficial de Audi para tratar de resolver los problemas de vibración. He informado tpi 2033201/2 y su respuesta es que esta solución no existe para Q3. Tengo miedo. ¿Alguien tiene documentación que puedo proporcionar para hacer un reclamo y justificar que tengo razón?

Gracias
[/CITAR]

Es posible que el TPI no se aplique al vehículo con volante a la izquierda, o si su auto es bastante nuevo, es posible que las piezas relacionadas se hayan instalado en producción.

Cheers Spike 
[/CITAR]

RSQ3 2014 Spain
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 36373839>
  Share Topic