FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Audi Q3 Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

Register and say hello and hopefully we'll grow into a large bunch of Q3 owners and enthusiasts.

Please post pictures of your Q3 in our Audi Q3 Gallery. You can read all the latest Audi Q3 News on our main website.

About to order my 1.4 petrol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RSQ3John View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSQ3John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 2:46pm
One does need to keep a sense of reality at this point, there is a temptation to go OTT because it's a big investment etc etc.   Out on the road there are flying stones and all sorts of aerial cr*p which soon spoils our shiny new toy - no matter what you do.

Personally I'd avoid having a car professionally detailed when new because it usually involves a machine polish and that thins the lacquer, there will come a point where a detail to spruce the paintwork would be a good idea and then it's a calculated risk/benefit decision.
RSQ3, MY2016, Sepang Blue/black styling pack, diamond stitch seats, lunar silver headliner, carbon Atlas inlays, Bose, advanced key, pano roof, 20" Rotors, comfort pack plus, tech pack. CF bumper Prot
Sponsored Links

Railman5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railman5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 4:57pm
Thanks guys

good point RSQ3John! most pro valeted detailers do love their machine finish tool!

I will make it know I will be looking very closely at the finish Wink

hoping to pick up on a lunchtime so should be inside within the handover theatre like my sons was

Railman5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railman5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 10:41pm
Whooooooo Whoooooo
Just got word from Audi Bristol that my car is arriving Wednesday. Thumbs Up
unfortunately I cant take physical delivery till next Tuesday Unhappy
its going to be a hell of a long weekend
when i finally take delivery Ill get she who must be obeyed to take a couple of photos to post
I am so happy that its finally arrived
Up to now Jeremy at Audi Bristol has been an absolute star with communications
I'll keep you guys posted Thumbs Up
Q3 S line 1.4TFSI COD, in Hainan Blue, manual with Comfort Pack; LED Interior Light Pack; Technology pack: Hill Hold: Audi 10 speakers; speed limit display. Now driving it and loving every moment
Gromit View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gromit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 9:50am
One more week to go!  Look forward to seeing the pics.  Enjoy your handover day.  Big smile
Q3 SE TFSI 170bhp S-Tronic, Cobalt Blue/Titanium Grey interior, SD SAT/NAV, Power folding mirrors, Parking Plus+Park Assist, LED & storage packages, seated heats & other goodies. Collected 27/06/13.
FredW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 6:37pm
You are the second person to be told their car is in the uk, today. Congratulations. I am hoping mine will be the third - chasing the dealer now.
Railman5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railman5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 7:29pm
I ordered mine around the same tie Fred
I do hope that you will be the 3rd this month
it will be difficult being just the 2 musketeers!
lets hope you have good news
Q3 S line 1.4TFSI COD, in Hainan Blue, manual with Comfort Pack; LED Interior Light Pack; Technology pack: Hill Hold: Audi 10 speakers; speed limit display. Now driving it and loving every moment
Andy P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 9:49pm
Hi Railman5 and FredW, 2nd Musketeer here. I'm picking mine up on Saturday pm and I share Railman5's hope that you get good news soon Fred.
On 28 May I was given a 1st September date but within 2 weeks that had changed considerably. So today I tried to blag a boot liner as a goodwill gesture. Not entirely successful but I can have one half price; "were already at our limit because of the discount we have already given you"! Violins and Kleenex anyone?
Anyway nothing can wipe the silly smile off my face at the moment
2017 Q3 S line Nav 1.4 TFSI Manual, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Rear side airbags & St St Pedal Caps.
2002 TT 1.8T Roadster 180BHP, Manual, Light Silver/Black Leather int, 18" 9 spoke alloys.
Railman5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railman5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 8:03pm
Excellent news Andy.
looks a nice spec in your signature details!
Any further news Fred.
we are awaiting the chant
“All for one and one for all.”
I have a silly grin just thinking about next Tuesday
Have you considered GAP insurance you guys?
Bristol quoted £360 ish for 3 years which i thought was reasonable, but i have to take it out before i drive away
I prey for fine weather for you Saturday Andy and Tuesday for me! Thumbs Up
FredW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 8:41pm
News from Fred is not so good. Talking to the dealer today only gave my "in transit" advice! They did say they would let me know asap. After. QC I ended up 3 days behind Andy so I was hoping next week woukd be a good week.

Railman - check your insurance policy to see if you get a full replacement in he first year if your car is written off - if that is the case you do not need to arrange anything before you drive off. Look at ALA plus - they give the club a same discount but you do not need to take it out until just before the end of year 1. I have used them in the past and will for my next car even though I get 2 years cover from my car insurers.

Will keep you all informed when I know more
Andy P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 8:13pm
FredW, I feel your pain mate, I know how frustrating not knowing can be! Chin up
Railman5, FredW's advice is spot on there. Aviva told me I can continue my existing policy (with no increase in premium from my Yeti), which runs out in February 2017, and they will continue the new for old element into my new policy (assuming I renew with them) giving me 365 days from registration date. Your dealer will ask you to get a free 5 day cover note from VW Insurance because it makes it easy for them to get the tax sorted but Aviva told me they cover both vehicles for free on handover day (assuming you're P/exing) which gives added peace of mind.
I will be looking into Gap Ins in August next year.     
2017 Q3 S line Nav 1.4 TFSI Manual, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Rear side airbags & St St Pedal Caps.
2002 TT 1.8T Roadster 180BHP, Manual, Light Silver/Black Leather int, 18" 9 spoke alloys.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic